Monday, January 18, 2010

The Carved Imprints


What happens when all of a sudden while walking on the set path of life, you feel as if there should have been another set of footprints right next to you, then one fine day you meet someone who might give you company , but then the problem arises that this someone doesn't completely fit into the frame you had carved out in your mind, right from the day you just started walking on the path..........
How different is reality from the world that thrives in our heart and flashes on our minds eye..
One fine day there would be someone who would just click and woof there would be stars, clouds, and the universe would start dancing around trees........lol!
We and our dreams and the way life moulds them into reality. Maybe we don't get the exact copy of what we want in life.
Maybe life just changes its mind and blesses us with something even better :)
You never know!!! ;)

While walking through my dreams,
I saw a flash of light...
Someone peeped in and settled in my mind.
Someone I knew I had been waiting for long..
then why is it that it still looks, like a shadow unknown?
As dreams got dipped, in the morning of my thoughts,
a faint smile appeared and gladly took me along,
and then I saw what I had overlooked it seemed...
A fresh ray had set in.....it was a new dream.

15 comments:

Samvedna said...

beautiful poetry in prose !..so what if it was a dream only.

But reality is very different from our imagination.

A New Beginning said...

@ Antarman:( sad but true ;)

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Sana:)

Very beautifully written about our dreams which may or may not come true.It is good to dream because everything starts with a dream.Your lovely thoughts reminds me of my own dreams some of which I could realise and some I could not.

Dreams keep us floating high in the air although practical life could be something else. Yet people who succeed in their dreams are those who keep working at it constantly without a wavering mind inspite of the disappointments and failures.

Sometimes many adjustments have to be made to fit the someone into the frame you have carved out.Either the frame should be recast or the someone should adjust.

Well, in the end, I hope and pray that all your dreams come true Sana:)

I enjoyed reading your lovely composition and I thought of the the many dreams I had which did not come true. I suppose I am a bit negative in my thoughts:)

Have a nice day Sana:)
Joseph

A New Beginning said...

Your dreams may not have come true Mr. Joseph but today you strive to make each day feel like a perfect dream isnt it..arent you happy with what you do? Thats what dreams are about..happiness :) and if youre happy today it doeant matter how many dreams have come truw, what matters is that you have given your best to make your life and each day in it like a perfect dream :)All the very best to you, and thanks for the warm comment, its great to share your thoughts :)

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Sana:)

Many thanks for making me look at things from a different perspective.

Best wishes:)
Joseph

Whirlwind said...

Its true that we dont always get what we want. Something is always in store for the better. Only we dont realize it all the time.:-) Inspiring one!!

Margaret Cloud said...

I always like to come by and read your blog and I am never disappointed. I like the poem and your thoughts about life. Did you ever hear the saying "I over looked an Orchid while searching for a Rose", this is one of my favorite sayings.

A New Beginning said...

The pleasures all mine Mr. Joseph :)

Yes Shwetha, "only we dont ralise it ":)

Hey Margaret!! Thats a beautiful quote, I've added it to my favourits aswell :)

Ajai said...

Those last few lines were brilliant.
And it's true. We never get what we want. I think sometimes we get carried away and loose our groundings. Sometimes we need to be pragamatic. Life can be imperfectly perfect. We just have to give it a chance. :)

A New Beginning said...

Hey Ajai! Welcome back :)
yup giving life a chance while holding on to a bit of patience is a sure short way to achieve what we truely deserve but never dream about.

Zayida Muhammed said...

Dreams come,go,change...its a virtual world that represents some of our thoughts in the real world!it makes us happy,motivates us or atleast lighten our minds...but often its sad to know they are only dreams!:(

seems this poem has come straight from some of your dreams!and its too good to read...sweet dreams!!!:)

A New Beginning said...

Thanks Zayida:) May all your dreams come true!!

കിരണ്‍ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
കിരണ്‍ said...

Hi Sana,
May all your dreams come true :-)
You are worth it.

Sana, according to me something will be there which pulled me - this will be my mind. Committing to the mind (or heart), don't know if it is foolish! Don't know if its positive or negative.
Problem is creator and created :-) (This is what I read and makes sense, but not follows always as I am caught up again and again!!
Whatever! love the creator for having the created!)

Princess said...

u r speaking my mind dear...
loads of hugs to u.. :D

keep inspiring..